Monday, April 17, 2006

The odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field are 745 to 1!

Apparently the odds of guessing the weekend box office are far worse. My top five were all correct, but they were in a Jumble--just like the puzzle of the very same name. I'll take solace in the fact that my random monetary grosses matched up pretty well with both Benchwarmers and Take the Lead.

  1. Scary Movie 4, $41 million (my pick: #3, $13.3 million)
  2. Ice Age 2, $20 million (my pick: #2, $13.4)
  3. The Benchwarmers, $10 million (my pick: #4, $10.2 million
  4. The Wild, $9.6 million (my pick: #1, $19.3 million)
  5. Take the Lead, $6.7 million (my pick: #5, $7.3 million)

I was so close to winning that Ovaltine Decoder ring this week, too. Looks like somebody else is going to have to find the secret message on the radio. I'm just going to play with the old man's leg-lamp.

Arbitrary Box Office Results for the Weekend of April 14, 2006
Arbitrary Box Office Results for the Weekend of April 7, 2006 (and the Results)
Arbitrary Box Office Results for the Weekend of March 31, 2006 (and the Results)

No comments: