Thursday, November 02, 2006

He's writing, he's writing, he's writing a novel

It's November, which means it's Nanowrimo!

National Novel Writing Month to the uninitiated.

The point is to write a novel of more than 50,000 words within the thirty days of the month. If you win, you get a sense of self-satisfaction and a certificate to hang on your wall next to your diplomas and PhDs.

I started off strong with a first day of 3500 words, and I'm hoping to duplicate that in my second day. I figure, if I get a whole lot of it done early, I can procrastinate my way to a writing marathon at the end of the month! Rah, rah, siskoom, and bah!

If the novel turns out well, there will be 50,000 words of Robot Hand content coming your way! If not...well, at least you're getting some writing music out of the deal.

Oh, by the way, you can now download these songs by Right Click>Save As. There is no more of that whole "clicking through a website" hullaballoo. You asked for it, and you got it.

Cake: Open Book
The Beatles: Paperback Writer
Monty Python: Novel Writing (Live From Wessex)
Belle and Sebastia: Wrapped Up In Books
Captain and Tenille: I Write The Songs

The songs won't be around forever. Get 'em while they're there.

No comments: