Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Busting the Hump: Humping the Bust

I hope you like the new look for Robot Hand is the Future. Every weblog I've ever written was white text on a black background, and it was starting to bore me. I'm not entirely happy with this version, but it will have to do until the new Blogger Beta allows for HTML customization.

Today also brings about phase three of the site, which mixes my favorite part of the earlier days with my favorite part of the more recent days.

Coming back from the early days will be more specialized news posts instead of the daily newsdumps. See this for an example.

Remaining will be the daily features: The Monday Grind, Trailer Trash Tuesday, Busting the Hump, MP3 of the Week, and all the Arbitrary Box Office goodness.

Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about splooge.

  • B at Progressive Boink finished his epic tale, Triton. Click here to see the glory.

    • JeterJeterPumpkinEater: Yep, AIM Triton. Made by-

      pr0FF3ss0r_f4rnsw0rth
      : made by arial's dad from the little mermaid
      so i see only one solution for fixen shit

      Derek Jeter JeterJeterPumpkinEater
      : Hahah, actually the program is made by Ame-

      pr0FF3ss0r_f4rnsw0rth: descend into the ocean depths and kill triton
      to fix things

  • Mystie at Crown Combo knows the score, and apparently the score is a naked Barbie doll making crayons.

    • After that, a cool selection is made. It's bold and icy... beautiful as it is both simple and yet so sophisticated.It's both rain and wind in wax form. Never yielding. Never turning back. Never regretting the past worries that may return and haunt again someday. You may just see it as blue, yellow, and greens, but to Naked Barbie it's a virgin sea.

  • Wednesday as usual at Overheard in New York.

    • Conductor: Everybody out. This is the last stop on the Manhattan bound L train. You must use the Brooklyn bound L train and connect to the G to the A or C trains for service to Manhattan. [The train empties] Hahaha. Just kidding! Everybody back on. This train is going to Manhattan.

  • DO YOU SEE THAT IT'S ROB FROM COCKEYED.COM!

    • The premise for the paparazzi contest was simple: Create a scene simulating a celebrity sighting, with as many photographers as possible.

  • How do you write the ultimate chick flick, Cracked? HOW DO YOU?

    • Every weekend, millions of couples sit through Hollywood's most recent chick flick offerings and nearly half of them enjoy themselves. That's millions of dollars spent just to rent a seat for two hours. "I wish I could get a slice of that money pie," you're thinking. Now you can, using CRACKED's patented How To Write the Ultimate Chick Flick Guide.

  • There's a new in-your-face comedy writer at Progressive Boink, and he is Connor X (who is really a very poor writer indeed).

    • I knew I had another burn in me before I closed the casket on this one. I tore off his popped collar and threw it across the mighty Potomac , deftly proclaiming, “Fetch, Lassie.” He aged two hundred years right before my eyes before promptly decomposing, like that dude in the end of Last Crusade. I flashed my infamous “pwned” grin and with a twinkle in my eyes, turned on “the game.”

  • Snakes on a Plane is more like Snakes on a Lame now, but here's Cracked's revisions on the first script draft.

    • P. 54. We found it hard to believe that during a layover in Cleveland no one remembered to remove the snakes from the plane.

  • Do you like soup? Some people like soup. Review the World proves its randomness yet again by reviewing some soup.

    • So, understandably I was a little unsure of the entire unfolding fiasco. Not only did I think it previously impossible that a talking vegetable could magically appear in my living quarters, but I also couldn’t possibly fathom the gunk in the pot above being anything remotely resembling tasty.

  • If you like fairs and festivals, iMockery invites you to the 2006 Watermelon Festival.

    • What's really weird though is that among all this skull-themed, generally "piratey" stuff, he was also selling these creepy baby dolls. I don't really understand the connection there, but I'd love to know this guy's thought process when he's ordering inventory.

  • Finally, Cracked brings you a mashup between Winnie the Pooh and Deadwood that was 2 hott 4 print.

    • "100 Acre Deadwood" was originally supposed to run in issue #1 of Cracked—but The Powers That Be in the magazine industry intervened before we could get it to print. A comic strip composed exclusively of beloved children's characters swearing, shooting smack and having sex with hookers was viewed by some to be a "bit too much" for our first issue, for some reason.

No comments: