Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Daily Chronicle: Thursday, 7-6-2006


I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like.
  • "24" was nominated for an assload of Emmys this morning. Even Jack Bauer would have a hard time finding something to swear about here.

  • Street gangs are staking their claims in the remote corners of something called the "Internet." Also staking their claims: big fat nerds.

  • Another Survivor winner (Thailand's Brian Heidik) was arrested this week. The reason: he shot a puppy with a bow and arrow. No, I'm not joking.

  • "Google" and "unibrow," among other words, are being added to the dictionary. "To make it into the dictionary, a word has to be more than a flash-in-the-pan fad. It needs staying power." Just like 2003 entry "Bootylicious," right? Right?

  • Somebody offered PepsiCo the insidious secrets of CocaCola, and Pepsi instead reported it to their enemy. The secret? All cola tastes the same.

  • A payroll firm was scammed out of its personal data this week. Who could blame them? They thought a Nigerian was going to give them $10000000 of inheritance from a long-lost uncle.

  • AOL going to start giving away its services (such as AOL.com e-mail) for free. Nobody interested.

  • The Running of the Bulls is beginning! Idiots.

No comments: