It's another one o' them "why-even-bother" weekends. We all know what's going to be number one, and it ain't "The Seven Samurai." I rewatched the first "Pirates" movie last night, and it was better than I remember it. I'm going to have to catch this sequel after all, I guess.
- Pirates on a Boat (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest): $111.11 million. Judging by our ticket sales during Friday matinees, there's no way anything's going to top this one all Summer long.
- Alien in a Cape (Superman Returns): $21 million. Judging by our ticket sales during Friday matinees, people have decided not to see quality films like this.
- Bitches in a Shoe Company (The Devil Wears Prada):$11 million. Judging by our ticket sales during Friday matinees, this is the perfect niche movie for people too old or too female to see "Pirates" or "Superman."
- Cars on a Track (Cars): $4.1 million. Dead.
- Adam Sandler in a Crappy Movie (Click): $3.4 million. Although "Adam Sandler in a Crappy Movie" is kind of synonymous with "Adam Sandler in a Movie."