Monday, May 08, 2006

Take a Monday Linkdump on My Chest


Well well well. It's Monday. Sorry for the lateness of the Monday Linkdump, but it's finals week. I'll still update daily, but it will be staggered. Uninterrupted suckiness will return on Friday.

For now, here's some stuff to waste your time in the forty minutes until Prison Break (or after, if you're so inclined).
  • CNN has an article entitled "The Worst President Ever" today.
    • Hail his cowardice and grandiosity, his toxic ambition and wishy-washy principles. And be sure to pay tribute to that foppish way he cocks his head, a pretense of authority that only reaffirms his self-doubt. A commanding blend of scoundrel and boob.

Of course, this article is about President Charles Logan, but I can think of another current American president it could be referring to.
  • i-Mockery is moving to California, and they're updating every day with stories and pictures of their road trip. See the wonders of Graceland! Watch in wonder as they go to a particularly bad Renaissance Faire!

    • First off, until today, I was a Renaissance Festival virgin... so I really didn't know what to expect going into these things. Ok, I did have some ideas in my head about what I would probably be seeing: wenches with their gargantuan breasts boosted up to their chins, failed actors trying to speak in old dialects, weapons that would've been a good deal if I didn't have to pay the festival entrance fee, and people gorging on the worst foods money can buy. Well I did see all of those things, but I also saw a lot more that I didn't expect.

  • Maddox updated today with an article about how stupid you are. Seriously

    • Not to mention that every time you give a black person the distinction of being "African American" out of a mixed group, you're making an assumption about an entire continent; not everyone from Africa is black. I guarantee all you politically correct morons out there have never called a white person an African American. Of course you could avoid all these problems by using the same standards on blacks as you would on whites by simply assuming that all whites are from Africa just as you do for all blacks, but that might be too forward, and in a polite society like ours, people would be all too pleased to point out which of the 192 countries you didn't guess they were actually from.
Enjoy your Monday night. Play a round of pocket pool for me.

No comments: