Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy So-Depressed-You-Want-To-Stab-Yourself Day


It's Monday again. We all know there's nothing but drudgery between your forty-five minute shower and your expertly-executed Prison Break at 8:00. Use these links to spark your interest.
  • Matt has updated X-Entertainment again this week, and this time it's a tribute to the greatest character ever put on film: The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

    • Sure, Stay Puft was wrecking the city and making devil-level evil grimaces, but my God, I never wanted a bag of marshmallows so bad in my entire life. Brought to life by special effects that seem just as impressive today as they were in their time, I have never once thought about or seen the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man without getting just a little bit happier. Bon Jovi called me this one time, and he was all like, "Sheet, good guys don't always wear white." And I'm like, "No, you're a sheeeet, Stay Puft wears white and is white and he's a good guy." And then he kept buggin' out and telling me that he didn't mean that no good guys wear white, just that some don't. Then I woke up, and my pillow was gone.

  • Speaking of retro throwbacks to childhood, Review the World posted a review of the new Leatherhead action figure from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (as well as the new characterization). While the new character is cool and all, he don't got shit on the ragin' Cajun crocodile I remember from the late eighties.

  • Retrocrush is counting down the 100 Best Cover Songs of All Time. They're currently at number 88 and updating every day. And yes, William Hung's "She Bangs" is on there.

  • For no reason, here is a video of a woman getting socked in the face REALLY HARD. This looks incredibly real. The only thing that makes me doubt the authenticity of it is that it was being videotaped in the first place.
Enjoy the Linkdump. Hope you make it to "24."

No comments: