Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I say a little prayer

The 7th Level has a new article up about the Ten Undeniable Facts of Life. Here's an excerpt.

  • 5. Nobody cares that you grew up in the Ghetto - Okay, so you had a rough childhood. Get over it. Stop thinking you are better than those of us whose parents actually had money and lived in nice neighborhoods. Everybody is getting a little tired of being accused of having everything just handed to us and how we don't know what it's like to be poor and that somehow makes us morally inferior and incapable of having an opinion on welfare. We're all grown up now and have to pay bills just like you, only our parents taught us how to save our money and not blow it on booze, clubbin', and useless junk for your car. It's your own fault you're broke now, so shut up!

Amen, sister. I've been called on this a number of times, and I think that's the crux of the argument right there. Click here for the other nine facts. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go light Cuban cigars with $100-bills and roll around naked in a sea of whipped cream, because I was born with a silver spoon in my ass.

No comments: