Friday, February 03, 2006

Random Annoyances #1

I hope you enjoy these random annoyances as much as I would enjoy kicking the people I associate with them.

  1. People who like Bob Dylan's "Rainy Day Women #12 and 35" (better known to idiots as "Everybody Must Get Stoned") more than they like anything else in Bob Dylan's canon. I understand: you like marijuana. However, there is no reason for anybody to like this cliched, poorly written song over any of the masterpieces Dylan wrote in his career. Bonus points to you if the only Dylan song you like is "RDW#12&35." If I met you, I would kick you in the groin/boobs until you start bleeding out of your rectum/anus.


  2. Tenacious D hasn't released an album since 2000. Let that sink in for a few moments. Ryan Adams released four discs last year, and these guys can't cream out some new material. I'm antsy. Give it to me.

  3. I know this is college student cliche, but in this case I sincerely mean it. I am smarter than one of my professors. He is an English professor, but his grammar, spelling, pronunciation, and made-up-word-count (both spoken and written) reaches George-W-Bush-levels of ridiculousness. I guess that's what a state college education will get somebody.
Fortunately, there is a new Belle and Sebastian album on Tuesday. It is coming in the mail along with Simpsons Season 7, my Elliott Smith T-Shirt, and the Belle and Sebastian single. Morrissey's new disc comes out in April. Badly Drawn Boy is probably going to release something this year by the looks of things. With the exception of school, things are looking good this year.

No comments: