Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes. Also, thank you to everyone who didn't offer birthday wishes, because that is pleasing to me as well.
I hate birthdays--not really for the onslaught of well-wishers, but because of aging in general. I'm one year closer to the real world, and one year closer to death. I can't stand it. If I had my way, I'd still be five years old. Simple times.
This year was especially compounded because 21 is a big year to everybody who finds out about it. Where people might just thankfully ignore the fact that you've grown a year older when you are, say, twenty years old, twenty-one is a whole different ballpark. Everybody feels the need to go up to you and say things like "Where are you going drinking?" or "Doing twenty-one shots tonight?" And then, of course, when you tell them you have absolutely no interest in ever drinking, you get a wide variety of "why?" responses. I'll tell you why: because I have absolutely no need to utilize chemicals to make my life "better." I don't drink because I know how to have fun without doing it.
As I was saying before my mind-brain took me on a tangent: thank you for the birthday wishes. I wasn't nearly as depressed this year as I remember being for the last three, due mostly to my amazing family (but also my friends and viewers like you).
Anyway, here's the linkdump. Enjoy.
- REMEMBER HALLOWEEN
- Pictures I took of Halloween decorations...this year was really crappy as far as decorations went...
- Halloween Urban Legends
- THE Source for Pumpkin Carving
- The most amazing Halloween decoration known to man (and others that are almost as amazing)
- REMEMBER OVERSIZED SANDWICHES!
- REMEMBER OTHER STUFF!
- Relatively spoiler-free REVIEW of the HALO MOVIE SCRIPT! Sounds pretty exciting.
- Experiment--putting speech bubbles on NYC advertisements and observing what people write in them
- Gigantic Game-Boy
- Anatomy of a Facebook Douschebag
- OH MY GOD, I NEED TO SEE IT
- Cool Billboards
- A scale model of San Francisco made of Jell-O