Friday, February 29, 2008

Ugly food for an ugly dude

If you've been reading my silly blogs over the past few years, you'll know the following:

In April of 2005 I weighed 300 pounds. By November I had dropped to 170. I had done it in a completely unhealthy way.

As a result, I ate the same exact thing EVERY DAY from November 2005 to February 2008 to avoid depriving myself of nutrients and calories ever again.

But not anymore. Oh, heavens no! I'm trying to introduce healthy variety so I can be happy (or at least so that my brain doesn't explode).

Here's some pictures of weird (and normal) foods I've been eating.


Kashi GoLean/Wheaties combo
Whole Grain

Egg-white omelet w/ broccoli and Boca "meat"
Ugly food for an ugly dude!  Day 1
Ugly food for an ugly dude!  Day 1

Egg-white/chili powder omelet wrap (sealed w/ white-trash mustard) w/ dried asian pear
Ugly food for an ugly dude!  Day 2
Ugly food for an ugly dude!  Day 2

Panda-brand Licorice
Panda Licorice

6 comments:

Episode One said...

looks better than the crap i eat to lose weight....god, i hate being healthy!! give me chocolate cake and ice cream... with a cherry on top!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, it's Silliker. Stumbled onto your blog. Glad to see you are doing well. As to that food....

Lol I sometimes dabble in Kashi. I found out the hard way that it is possible to overdose on fiber. Ostensibly dry beans and kashi seem like a no lose combo-- healthy, inexpensive, high protein (even higher fiber).

Yeah, lets just that you don't need to go to la maz classes to find cramps!

hoagiefest 2020 said...

Fiber overdose? I ate two cups of Kashi every day for three years and I haven't had any problems! Still, to each their own. Silliker, you need to make your own blog so I can read about your weird and wonderful life.

Anonymous said...

I would eat all items mentioned except the licorice. Not a huge licorice fan. Black jelly beans are the most grotesque flavor imaginable. A grotesque flavor is a flavor with huge fangs, a large unruly pompadour, and slimy skin.

Anonymous said...

Well, Kashi has that patented 7 grain blend. Maybe something magic in there. I was eating about 5 servings of lentils, each serving being about 12 grams of fiber.

They say variety is the spice of life, unfortunately I've got a weak stomach! lol

you say:

"Silliker, you need to make your own blog so I can read about your weird and wonderful life."

Trouble is, readers would be subjected to far more of the former than the latter.

hoagiefest 2020 said...

Jackie - You are a terrible human being. Anise/licorice is one of the most amazing flavors in the history of the world, and this is a proven, scientific fact.

Silliker - The former is more important than the latter. I wish I had more of either to write about, myself.