Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Santa Claus is coming! Hear the bajos strumming!

December 19

Pooh's Christmas list looks kind of funny. All he wants for Christmas? Hunny!

Surfjan Stevens: Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!

I may be disgracing the thick, black glasses on my face by admitting this, but I've never heard anything by Surfjan Stevens with the exception of this song. If this is any indicator, I should really go out and buy an album or three.

This song has jingle bells, which is exciting! The tone echoes The Polyphonic Spree, and the lyrics represent pure, saccharine awesomeness. "Chestnuts and fire! Holly and hay! Jesus and Mary! What a great day!" I can't make heads or tails of it, to be honest, but the words certainly merit all of those exclamation points. It's a wonderful, happy palate-cleanser between "Blue Christmas" and whatever other equally-suicidal Christmas tracks you want to listen to.

No comments: