Monday, September 12, 2005

'Tis the season

Darkness falls across the land. The midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in search of blood to terrorize your neighborhood. And whosoever shall be found without the soul for getting down must stand and face the hounds of hell and rot inside a corpse's shell. The foulest stench is in the air--the funk of forty thousand years--and grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver; for no mere mortal can resist THE EVIL OF THE THRILLER!

Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahaha!
It's Halloween season, ladies and gents. And I love it.

If all goes according to plan, expect some actual updates on this site throughout the season--whether it be Halloween-related pictures, details of my search for a Halloween costume this year (that's right--I'm feeling that lame), long rants about the candy I can't eat, or movie reviews.

All sorts of creepy/Halloween-related movies are on the agenda. I bought the entire series of Friday the 13th (Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, Freddy vs. Jason) and also the entire Nightmare On Elm St. collection. I expect to pick up the entire Halloween, Ghostbusters, and Child's Play series. In addition, I have Beetlejuice, the Blair Witch Project, Donnie Darko, E.T. The Extra-terrestrial, The Johnsons, and The Nightmare Before Christmas, (as well as Halloween episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, and South Park). Late September and October will be a great time at my apartment.

And then it's straight to the Christmas stuff!

  • Go here for amazing, daily Halloween goodness. (Pay specific attention to that site's Halloween Jukebox which has over fifty Halloween-related songs, including the Monster Mash, Thriller, and stuff from The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Ramones, and Freddy Kreuger. And the Time Warp from Rocky Horror, if you're into such things).
  • Go here for semi-daily Halloween nostalgia.
  • Go here for candy reviews of the non-Halloween sort.
  • Go here, just because you can.

I tell you, I'm so filled with the spirit that I think I would willingly go to a Rocky Horror Picture Show showing. And that's saying something.

No comments: